Monday, October 31, 2011

Hi and welcome to my life

It's October 31st, 2011 and I am 27 years old, live in Downtown Annapolis, work in Communications and Training for Dynasplint Systems, Inc and was recently married to Shane, God's gift to me for the rest of my life! I would say my life is pretty amazing and abundant with joy, fellowship, friends, adventure, family and love. Since I moved to Annapolis in 2009, I've had a whirlwind of events that have led me to where I am now.

So, I am using this blog to share the memorable (and some of the maybe not so memorable) happenings of my life from here on out.

I feel like I should start with how I met my man, Shane Ferrell, since he will be part of many posts. It was a crisp Fall night in October 2010 and a few friends were getting together to share a meal and discuss some of the details of a new church plant that we were all part of in Annapolis. I was running late (no surprise then, but getting better at this) and I walked in the door with a large pot of chili in hand to be greeted my all of my dear friends and someone new - Shane. I quickly seemed to get paired off with Shane and got to talk to him for a bit while dinner was getting prepared. I was intriqued. Within a few minutes I could tell he was kind and intentional. We all shared a great meal and Shane and I remained in contact (as friends) over the next several months. Getting to know him was really different than any other guy I'd known or met - he captured my attention and feelings in a way that even I didn't understand or known how to process. We started hanging out more the following summer and by September we were officially dating - it was amazing. I didn't know how good life could be when I was able to share it with someone that brought out the best of me and whatever we were doing. Shane is different than me in many ways and kept me learning and on my toes. On March 31st 2011 we were engaged in Boulder, CO and on September 17th 2011, we were married!!
It's been 6 weeks and daily life gets more interesting and meaningful getting to share it with Shane.
 One of our first "dates" at Casey's wedding. June 2010
Nation's Triathlon September 12th, 2011
 
CO trip and meeting Shane's family for the first time.
 This is also the day we got engaged (just a few hours after this picture!!)
   Manly Beach, Austraila August 2011
    Mr. & Mrs. Shane Mathers
    Married September 17th 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment